About our work
New Perimeter provides an intensive week-long seminar on legal writing and analysis to law students at the University of Zambia (UNZA) School of Law in Lusaka, Zambia. The course focuses on legal writing skills, including general principles of writing as well as instruction on how to research, formulate and support a strong legal argument. It emphasizes learning by doing, including active class participation and interactive exercises. The training module was developed by New Perimeter specifically for UNZA in response to particular needs expressed by the law faculty.
- Deliver a week-long seminar on legal writing and analysis to law students at the University of Zambia in Lusaka, Zambia
- More than 600 UNZA students have been trained and completed this course.
- DLA Piper Group Firm Chibesakunda & Co. Advocates has participated in the project since its inception.
- In-house counsel from Pfizer joined the project in 2018.
- In-house counsel from Boehringer Ingelheim participated in the project in 2014-17.
- In-house counsel from Stanbic Bank participated for several years in the project.
I will use this training to write my assignments and exams in a better way than I did before. Because of this training, [the writing required] in my career as a lawyer will be as concise and precise as possible.”
Not only has [this training] given me a great skill in communicating and writing but also having been taught by experienced lawyers has broadened my knowledge and I will extend this knowledge to other students.”