Our vision is to harness the skills and talents of
DLA Piper lawyers to further a more just world for all.
New Perimeter provides long-term pro bono legal assistance in under-served regions around the world to support access to justice, social and economic development, and sound legal institutions.
New Perimeter aims to support women’s advancement as an overarching goal.
In 2017 160 total lawyers
from 40 offices
participated in 39 projects
What New Perimeter does
New Perimeter partners with charitable organizations, governments and academic institutions to provide pro bono legal assistance around the world. Our projects are managed by full-time pro bono lawyers and staffed by teams of DLA Piper lawyers from across the firm's global offices. Below are some examples of the types of work New Perimeter has undertaken.
Access to justice
- Courses on Pro Bono and Public Interest Law
- Legal Ethics Training
- Assistance to Legal Service Providers
Social and economic development
- Financial Inclusion
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Legislative Drafting
Sound Legal Institutions
- Law Students
- Legal Professionals
- Judges and Government Lawyers
- Female lawyers and entrepreneurs
- Anti-human trafficking initiatives
- Efforts to combat domestic violence