About our work
In 2013, New Perimeter launched a multi-faceted initiative to combat human trafficking globally through research, advocacy and capacity-building. This work complements DLA Piper’s domestic pro bono efforts to represent individual trafficking survivors with certain legal needs.
- Prepared a template contract and memorandum of understanding to protect domestic workers traveling from one country to another for employment
- Researched trafficking victim compensation options around the world
- Participated in a training program on Internet-facilitated human trafficking in Thailand
- Provided analysis and recommendations on draft anti-trafficking legislation in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- Provided a comparative analysis of international law and Singapore’s domestic anti-human trafficking legislation
New Perimeter has an agreement with the TIP Office to work cooperatively with US and foreign governments and civil society organizations to fight human trafficking.
Access to justice
2013 – Ongoing